At Darkocean, we are committed to improving our practices to combat slavery and human trafficking and to ensuring that such practices do not occur in our business or supply chains. This statement is made pursuant to Section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our company’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending [date].
Darkocean is a leading provider of marine geophysical, geotechnical, and environmental services, with operations and supply chains extending across the UK, UAE, Qatar, and India. Our company is headquartered in [location] and operates globally, employing approximately [number of employees] people worldwide.
Darkocean has a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery or human trafficking within our operations and supply chain. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships. We implement and enforce effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains.
Due Diligence Processes
To identify and mitigate risk in our business and supply chains, we have implemented the following due diligence processes:
- Risk Assessment: Regularly assessing the nature and extent of exposure to the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chains.
- Supplier Audits: Conducting due diligence on our suppliers, contractors, and business partners through audits, questionnaires, and certifications to ensure compliance with our ethical standards.
- Employee Training: Providing training to our staff to help them identify and prevent the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains.
We have established the following policies to demonstrate our commitment to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our operations:
- Modern Slavery Policy: Clearly sets out our stance against modern slavery and human trafficking and provides guidance on how to report concerns.
- Supplier Code of Conduct: Requires all suppliers to commit to ethical practices, respect for human rights, and zero tolerance towards modern slavery.
- Employee Code of Conduct: Ensures all employees understand the standards of behavior expected of them, including the importance of ethical sourcing and labor practices.
To ensure the effectiveness of our efforts to combat modern slavery and human trafficking, we:
- Monitor the compliance of our business and supply chains through audits and assessments.
- Review and enhance our due diligence processes regularly.
- Engage with stakeholders, including suppliers, customers, and NGOs, to share best practices and collaborate on addressing modern slavery risks.
Our commitment to fighting modern slavery and human trafficking includes providing training to our staff to ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and business.
This statement has been approved by the organization’s board of directors and will be reviewed and updated annually to reflect our ongoing commitment to combatting modern slavery and human trafficking.
Chairman of the Board
Date: 01 Jan 2024